· Latest version of AX released on 1 may 2014.
· It is a Demo version also known as V 1.0
· Next major release ‘Rainier’ will release in 2015.
· Microsoft has also made many enhancements to Warehouse Management and Retail Dynamics AX 2012 R3.
· Windows Server 2012 R2
· SQL Server 2014
· Windows 8.1
· Windows Azure(Iaas)
· Internet Explorer 11
New Changes in AX 2012 R3:-
· Automated deployment of AX 2012R3 in Windows Azure.
· Building Microsoft AX services integration with the Microsoft Windows Azure Service Bus
· Data synchronization to multiple instances of Microsoft Dynamics AX
· Optimizing the performance of Microsoft Dynamics AX deployment
· Create Microsoft Dynamics AX builds using the new X++ server-side parallel compiler
· List of New Modules in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3 or New Modules in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3
o Warehouse Management
o Transportation Management
o Call Center
o Trade Allowance Managemento Retails Essentials
This is a list (not exhaustive) of some new or enhanced features:
· Demand forecasting
· Modern Point of Sales
· Call center sales
· Customer and vendor Rebate management
· Product kits (retail)
· Serial Number Tracking Enhancements
· Product change management
· Master Data Management
· Hosting in Azure supported (IaaS)
· Lifecycle Services
· Support for Microsoft SQL Server 2014
Globalization/ Localization of Ax 2012 R3:-
· India(coming soon)
How to Install Dynamics AX 2012 R3:-
· Windows server 2012 R2 should be install
· SQL server 2014 should be install
· Uninstall all component of AX 2012 R2.
Check all prerequisites.
Select Components. Database, AOS (Application object server) and Client is must.
Insert AOS name and port number.
Next and finish.
What is Window Azure?
Azure is an open and flexible cloud platform that enables you to quickly build, deploy, and manage applications across a global network of datacenters that are managed by Microsoft. Azure enables cloud computing. Cloud computing is the delivery of computing capabilities as a service. Cloud computing makes it easy to access IT resources such as computers, networking, and storage.
You can deploy Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3 on Azure. When you do, you may realize the following benefits:
· Reduce costs
· Save time
· Gain flexibility
Azure offers three types of services:-
· Software-as-a-Service (SaaS):- You use a web browser to use applications that are hosted in the cloud.
· Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS):- You don’t manage or control the network servers or operating system. It allows you to focus on the business logic of applications.
· Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS):- You have control over your virtual machines and the network configuration, but you don’t have to worry about hardware.